Sunday, May 1, 2011

The First Trimester

I dread what the movie theater has to offer between the months of January and May.  I of course go anyway, and afterwards when I am asked how a movie was, I find my answer is almost always, eh, it was okay.  Once again this rings true for 2011.  Thus I find I can wrap up my movie thoughts of the last four months in one post.

No Strings Attached - a chick flick I enjoyed even though I knew better

Rango - cute little lizard, but it wasn't the animated season opener that I was hoping for

Source Code - entertaining enough, but too many holes in the sci-fi

The Lincoln Lawyer - better than expected with a decent twist

Unknown - too many boring car chases and blowing up of buildings

Water for Elephants - at least it was better than the book

Scream 4 - satisfying as it fit in with the first three, but still an average gory mess

The one breath of fresh air in an otherwise blah beginning of the year...

Jane Eyre

I was a little surprised by how much I liked it as the story does run a little slow.  Even so, the matched wits of Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester is welcome amidst the onslaught of "control-freak woman calms down for an hour in order to fall for brain-dead bachelor who appears to have a glimpse of a heart" movies. 

I still need to see The Adjustment Bureau, Win Win, and Hanna to round out the beginning of the year.  Now on to summer blockbuster season and here's to hoping Super 8 is all it's cracked up to be and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment